Palfreymans

Palfreymans

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

sledding

Last weekend we decided to go sledding with Mark's brother and his family.  During our last sledding adventure, Mark and Chase went down a bigger hill at Simplot Mansion (big sledding hills in town that everyone uses) and little did we all know (because we couldn't see it from the top of the hill) there was a jump right in their pathway.  I watched from up top with all the other kids, as Mark, Chase and the sled hit that unseen bump and Chase and Mark flew out of the sled.  Mark obviously  could secure his body, but Chase flew and then landed hard.  I took off on my butt down the hill and expected to see a bloody little boy.  Instead he was just crying, but OK.  He bumped his head and may have lost consciousness for a moment, as he was out when Mark picked him up (as told to me by my husband later).  Needless to say our sled did not make it.  It broke in half and was no good.  I was a nervous wreck the rest of the time, so I sat in the car to calm my anxiety while the kids and Mark had a good time with our remaining sleds.  (Did I mention a young girl died sledding on these hills a few years ago and just this past weekend a boy ended up in the hospital in serious condition---it is a crazy place).  
Anyway, we needed a new sled for our upcoming trip.  Mark and Chase went shopping and found one that they thought was perfect.  Later that night, this is how we found Chase sleeping.  He loves his sled and was so excited to go with his cousins on a much smaller hill.  I took my camera to take pictures, but yet again...no pictures.  BUMMER!!


No comments: