Palfreymans

Palfreymans

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

I think love gets better with time. I loved our Valentine's Day this year. It wasn't necessarily what we did or how we celebrated, it was more about the feelings continually expressed back and forth that day. Mark woke up early to go do his cross fit workout and was surprised with balloons and a card. In return, I was greeted with breakfast upon his return as I got out of the shower. Mark was on call and we both had to work, so we decided there wouldn't not be much hoopla about the night. Mark had some chocolate covered strawberries (YUM!) delivered to my work and I had sent him some cookies and then we had planned to come home, go for a run and then figure something out for dinner. When we both got home, he was looking tired, so I told him not to worry about running with me, but instead if he would stay home with Chase I would run a quick 4 miles and be home. As I left for my run I told him to think about dinner and we would grab something when I got home. To my surprise, when I got home, there was a candlelight dinner all set up waiting for me. He left as soon as I got home and grabbed a to-go order he had placed. Upon his return we sat and had a nice quiet dinner together (Chase was upstairs watching an all time favorite movie, Cars 2). We then put Chase to bed and just hung out watching TV together. It was a great night and a good day to remember to continually express your love and appreciation to your partner. I love Mark and I am so thankful for all he is and all he does.

No comments: