Palfreymans

Palfreymans

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Mentor

I have had the opportunity (and will continue to do so for the next year) to mentor this sweet girl.  I have known her for the last 6 plus years.  Recently she made choices that were contrary to law abiding citizens and also decided to drop out of school.  She bravely decided to try a military school in Northern Idaho to get her head back on her shoulders and make something of her life.  I could not be more proud of her and the path she is taking.  Being her mentor, I got to go visit her in Pierce, Idaho (near Orofino, Idaho).  It is about 200 miles from Nampa, but about a 5 1/2 hour drive.  We got to work all day long at this beautiful reservoir and just talk as we worked.  I get to go again in November and then back for graduation in December.  It has been a big commitment, as we write at least weekly, but I hope through all she is going through she knows I am there for her and I know she can do hard things!  So proud of you, Kyla!

No comments: