Palfreymans

Palfreymans

Friday, March 15, 2013

Madeline got burned

Madeline wanted a new curling iron.  She received a gift card for her birthday and asked if we could go to the store where she wanted to purchase a new, hot curling iron like Cassie's and a bike lock so she can ride her scooter to school and lock it up.  I agreed.  We had a long talk about having to be careful with curling irons.  The can burn and they need to be turned off so they don't set the house of fire, etc.  Next day, I walk into the bathroom as she is getting ready for church and she is holding a wet towel to her arm and Cassie is curling her hair.  Upon me asking what happened, she showed me her arm and explained the curling iron fell when she was using it and she caught it between her arm and shirt before she was able to grab it with her hand.  
It looked bad.  I made some phone calls and determined it was best to put cold water and ice on it, so that is what we did.  Friends brought over creams and oils, all of which helped following the initial few hours.  Here are some pictures of it the next day.  It was HUGE.  It hurt badly.  It is still there nearly 2 weeks later, but doing much better.  


She told me yesterday she attempted to curl her hair again for the first time yesterday, however was very scared.  We had another big talk about being careful and how if she still wants help doing it, Cassie and I are both OK helping her, but she wants to be so independent...I just hope for no more big burns like this one.  

No comments: