Friday, November 2, 2012

Disneyland 2012-Halloween style

Mark and the boys of his family (dad, brothers and brothers-in-laws) all planned a Steelehead fishing trip some time ago for the weekend of October 25-28.  Realizing I would be home alone with Chase, Madeline and Cassandra while Mark was away having fun, we decided it would be fun for me to take them on a trip to Disneyland.  I know we were just there earlier this year, but next month when Chase turns 3 years old, he won't be free anymore and Madeline, who turns 10 in February will become an "adult" by Disneyland standards.  This was our last time to get a trip "cheaper" than it will be in the near future.  I also thought it would be a good way to catch up with Reyna, Caleb and Kacey while we were in their neck of the woods and spend some fun times with them (however in the end their mother refused to allow them to come).  So, the 4 of us spend 3 days in the park and had a grand time.    Although Chase was 39 3/4 inches, he was unable to ride most rides that required him to be 40 inches.  He was about 2 inches off by their standards, although he was perfect on some rides.  He was able to ride the symphony swings, but not the beloved Cars ride.  He will tell you his favorite was "Radiator Springs", however he never saw the Cars ride he wasn't allowed to go on.  He loved seeing Mater and Lightning McQueen though.  The girls both went on Splash Mountain for the first time, which was a big deal.  We loved the changes they did to the Haunted Mansion for Halloween, loved the Halloween decorations and the fireworks.  The parks wasn't nearly as crowded as it has been on our other trips, so we really enjoyed just being able to walk onto rides with very minimal wait times.  Here are some of my favorite pictures.

Our trip ended with a glitch.  We were supposed to land in Boise at 10pm Sunday night.  This was after we spent a full day in the park and were pretty exhausted.  To our surprise, as we were landing (literally seeing street lights and feet above the runway), our pilot pulled up and let us know it was too foggy to land of reported we would be headed an hour away to Salt Lake.  Dread set in.  I had my 3 little ones and wondered what was in store for us.  Nearly 1am we learned we would not be flying out again until 9am on Monday, so I packed up and went for a hotel.  I was hoping we could at least get a few hours of sleep before flying home and going to work/school.  At 7am we headed back to the airport and after waiting until 9am, we were told it was still too foggy and just hang out.  As soon as it lifted enough we would be boarding on and our way.  11am we finally boarded only to learn fog rolled back in, making it less that what they are able to land in, so we waited...on the plane...for an hour before we could take off.  We landed in Boise a little after 1pm on Monday and got home around 2pm.  So much for work and school, however Cassie begged to go for the remaining 35 minutes of school and then basketball practice, so I took her. 

No comments: